Hello Friend and Fellow Homeschooler!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please peruse my posts and definitely leave a comment, if you feel so inclined. Feedback is vital to a writer! Make sure to check out my website, Classes by Beth, for class listings, book lists, articles and more. I also offer evaluation services if you'd just like another pair of teacher's eyes on your child's writing.

As a Christian homeschool mom, teacher and professional writer, I enjoy working with other families to create writers and lifelong learners. Although my children are grown, I continue to teach knowing that most days I learn as much as I teach!

CBB Online Classes now enrolling for Fall 2013-2014. CBB @ Home lesson plans available for families desiring to teach at home with evaluation and other support. They're also great preparation for CBB high school courses!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

FREE ONLINE STUDY SKILLS WORKSHOPS!



After working with some of my students this year who truly struggled with studying and organization, I have decided to offer a FREE STUDY SKILLS WORKSHOPS for ALL Classes by Beth high school students who are registered for regular year classes by June 17, 2013. Three different workshops will be offered in August, with exact dates and times available on the CBB website, but will also be recorded on the virtual classroom site for those students who may have to miss the actual events. 


The workshops will include:

  • How to organize your class materials
  • How to organize your time
  • Effective note taking
  • Studying for a test or exam
  • Discerning what to retain
  • Reading for retention
  • Tips for being a lifelong learner
Many students focus on material in the moment, but have difficulty retaining it for when they need it most. They often don't realize the importance of of the habits of a lifelong learner until they're out of high school and desperately in need of those skills in college or at work. I want to give my CBB students the advantage of beneficial skills for the future, not just this school year.

Feel free to share this offer with other homeschoolers via your blog, FB, Twitter and email loops.  Please remember that to attend these free workshops, a student must be in high school and registered for at least one CBB Fall class. Students or parents may leave comments on this blog to register for the workshops.

Blessings,
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Raising Writers! Your willingness to contribute is much appreciated!